The first Whittier Art Gallery was located in a donated space on Philadelphia Street in Whittier’s business district. The gallery was located in a large downstairs room, and the Art Association provided art classes in several upstairs studio rooms.
Note: Some buildings in Whittier’s business district were empty (not being rented), due to the Great Depression.
Photo courtesy of Whittier Public Library Historical Photograph Collection
Categories: 1934 - 1939, Whittier Art Gallery