1930's

1938 December 6, π™’π™π™žπ™©π™©π™žπ™šπ™§ π™‰π™šπ™¬π™¨:

Ground breaking exercises were held at 727 South Painter Avenue, attended by Art Association members and representatives of leading civic organizations. Mrs. Mryon Haig, president of the Whittier Art Association, accepted the deed of the property on which will be built the new home of the Whittier Art Center. She turned at least one shovel of dirt to speed up the actual building work.

Note:  The gallery’s original address of 727 So. Painter Ave. was changed to 8035 Painter Ave. during the 1960s.

1938_12_06 Deed for Gallery Accepted_trimmed